Sweet potatoes are a popular ingredient in holiday meals, but why don’t we eat them more often? They cook up into a tasty chip, make a mean soup and are even delicious with just a little salt, pepper and butter.
Here’s a recipe for a simple baked sweet potato that pairs well with a main dish or can serve as a meal of its own with some chopped kale, nuts or cheese sprinkled on top. This recipe can be made vegan with a vegan butter substitute. Make it your own!
- 4 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- Coconut oil for brushing
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Butter or your preferred substitute to taste
- Heat oven to 450 degrees
- Brush potatoes with coconut oil and place potatoes in a glass cooking dish with lid.
- Cover and cook in hot oven for 40 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
- Season with salt, pepper and butter to taste.
For more delicious recipes, schedule an appointment with our certified nutritionist, Gwen, at 360-570-0401.