Tired of the same old winter dinner? Break out of your rut – and make a tasty impression at your next dinner party – with this scrumptious, but simple to make, meal. All it takes is seasoning, searing, layering on the nut crust, heating in the oven, then – ta-da! Slice, serve and enjoy! Consider pairing with steamed veggies and roasted purple potatoes.
- 4 racks of lamb, trimmed
- 2 t. herbes de Provence
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cup chopped unsalted pistachio nuts
- 3 T. panko bread crumbs (gluten free can be used)
- 2 T. melted butter
- 2 t. olive oil
- 6 T. Dijon mustard
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Generously season each rack of lamb with herbes de Provence, salt, and black pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Place lamb in skillet and cook, browning on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer lamb to foil-lined baking sheet; set aside.
- Stir pistachios, bread crumbs, butter, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and black pepper in a bowl. Spread mustard on the fat-side of each rack of lamb. Pat pistachio mixture on top of mustard. Bake in the preheated oven until the crust is golden and lamb is pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Recipe Resource: https://whatsgabycooking.com/pistachio-crusted-rack-of-lamb/