Shake up a traditional potato pancake recipe with an exotic combination of cinnamon, curry powder, and cumin. Breakfast will never be the same. Also consider incorporating these pancakes into a holiday menu for brunch or even dinner.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup milk (or your favorite non-dairy alternative)
- Shred the sweet potatoes and place in a colander to drain for about 10 minutes. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, raw honey, brown sugar, curry powder and cumin. Make a well in the center, and pour in eggs and milk. Stir until all of the dry ingredients have been absorbed. Stir in sweet potatoes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drop the potato mixture by spoonfuls into the oil, and flatten with the back of the spoon. Fry until golden on both sides, flipping only once. If they are browning too fast, reduce the heat to medium. Remove from the oil and keep warm while the other pancakes are frying.
- Recipe Source https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/53222/sweet-potato-pancakes/print/?recipeType=Recipe&servings=15&isMetric=false