This is a simple, delicious, and versatile recipe. While we love the pistachio-date combination, you can shake up this recipe with your favorite nuts and seeds and dried fruit (such as Goji or Acai Berry). Also, if you prefer, you can use maple syrup instead of honey.
Serves: 12 (2/3 cup) Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2 1/2 c Oats
- 1/3 c Coconut Oil
- 1/3 c Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1/4 c Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/8-1/4 tsp Maple and/or Almond Extract
- 1 c Pistachios, roasted and chopped
- 1/2 c Almonds, sliced or chopped
- 1/2 c Sunflower Seeds
- 1 c Flaked Coconut (unsweetened, preferably)
- 1 c Pitted Dates, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs each ground flax, chia, and/or hemp seeds (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss pistachios, sunflower seeds, coconut, dates, ground flax/chia/hemp seeds, almonds, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- Add coconut oil, honey, maple syrup, and extract(s) into saucepan and heat until simmering.
- Add oatmeal to hot mixture; add dry mixture and mix ingredients with spatula until thoroughly combined.
- Divide and spread out the granola between two parchment lined cookie sheets and bake for 30 minutes, stir granola every 10 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature until dry and crisp. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe Source: Medicine Talk Professional Staff