Out-of-this world yummy and healthy black bean brownies! These are made with avocado instead of butter, which gives you an amazing nutrition boost without sacrificing flavor. Flourless, dairy-free and gluten-free, this treat will fool even the most die-hard chocolate/brownie lover.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 eggs or flax eggs (add an additional egg if you like cakier brownies)
- 1/2 of a large ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar or sub brown sugar (or sub 1/2 cup pure maple syrup)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips + 2 tablespoons for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Place all ingredients, except chocolate chips, into blender or food processor. Process or puree until ingredients form a smooth batter. If the batter is WAY too thick and won’t process, add in a teaspoon or two of water. This batter needs to be very thick in order to produce fudgy brownies.
- Add in 1/3 cup chocolate chips and fold into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of remaining chocolate chips. You can also fold in nuts or swirl in peanut butter.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out somewhat clean and top of the brownies begin to crack. Cool pan completely on wire rack; cut into 12 delicious large brownies.
Recipe Source: https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/healthy-avocado-black-bean-brownies/