Simplicity can be the spice of life and this recipe offers both. Sunchokes have a delightful flavor that is enhanced in this recipe with fresh minced garlic, parsley and Olive Oil.
Roasting makes sunchokes (Jerusalem Artichokes) tender on the inside and lightly crisp on the outside. This dish is a perfect addition to any evening meal or for a tasty, healthy snack.
- 1 pound sunchokes
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 t. sea salt
- 1/2 t. fresh ground black pepper
- 2 T. fresh minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Scrub sunchokes with a vegetable brush. Cut tubers into 1-inch bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium-size bowl, toss sunchokes with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange sunchokes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, turning once, until the sunchokes are golden brown.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Recipe Source: http://www.donnieyance.com/sunchokes-a-humble-food-with-many-health-benefits/